Sire: Peppy Sensation Dam: Darby Montana
1. ( a) I hereby agree to breed my mare, _____________________ Registration No_______________. , to the stallion, Montana Shadow, and to pay the sum of $1,750.00.
( b) Of this amount, a $500 non-refundable booking fee is due with this contract and the balance of $1,250 must be paid in full prior to the time of shipment.
2. An additional charge of $250 will be required to cover the deposit cost of the shipping container payable prior to shipment.
3. (a) Transportation cost will vary depending on the type of service required. FedEx cost start at $60.00 for overnight delivery on weekdays. Charges increase for special handling, remote locations, and in some locations, weekend delivery.
( b) If weekend shipment via air cargo is required, air cargo charges are determined by the individual airlines required for the shipment destination. For air cargo shipments, an additional courier charge of $60.00 will be required for shipment delivery to the airport. All shipping charges are payable to the stallion owner. Courier from the destination airport to the mare owner’s facility shall be at the mare owner’s expenses.
4. The stallion owner shall diligently try to provide shipped semen to the mare owner up to and including July 1st, unless otherwise arranged at the time of signing this contract. If, for any reason the mare does not settle, the mare owner will hold the stallion owner harmless.
5. It is agreeable to have mare owner’s veterinarian check the above mare for normal breeding conditions and to perform such other veterinary services as are deemed necessary, including semen evaluation upon arrival; at the mare owner’s expense.
6. ( a) It is also agreed that a live foal is guaranteed and that if the foal does not stand and suck, the same mare (unless otherwise mutually agreed) will be entitled to a free season (excluding shipping costs) the following year only. This guarantee will apply only if the stallion owner is notified within one week from death; this notice must be accompanied by a statement from a licensed veterinarian.
( b) If the mare proves not to be in foal in the year bred or loses her foal, as stated in Par. 6a above, the mare owner has the option to rebreed the same mare the following year; however, if the mare is to be rebred and the mare owner fails to make arrangements for rebreeding the following year; then any and all fees paid shall not be refundable and this contract is thereby canceled.
7. I have read the foregoing statements and hereby agree to their conditions.
This page last updated February 03, 2004